Christmas is around the corner! As many people make their way to various holiday destinations, this can be a stressful time for others. Here are a few tips on how to survive the ‘silly’ season.
1. Be kind. Take time out to acknowledge and appreciate all the good in your life. What you put out to the universe comes back to you. Give away what you don’t need or use. And a simple smile can brighten someone’s day.
2. Everything in moderation. Like everything… Eat and drink in moderation, don’t spend what you don’t have and don’t try to do too many things in a short amount of time.
3. Be vigilant. Unemployment and crime rates are on the rise. Be cognisant of your surroundings and keep an eye on the kids at all times.
4. Laugh. Get those good juices flowing. Whenever you are able to add humor to a (hostile) situation, you could relieve the tension. Laughter is the best medicine.
5. Wear sunscreen. Our African sun is extremely harsh, especially on the naked skin. Wear a hat, stay hydrated and look for shade.
More importantly, reflect on why we celebrate Christmas. Cherish this time with family and friends and build lasting memories. Season’s greetings!